Now that you are considering or committed to commissioning a painting, the following items will give you some idea of what to expect:
- A well-painted portrait is more real, more three-dimensional than any photograph.
- While photographs fade within decades, your portrait with proper care can remain unblemished for hundreds of years.
- Every time you look at original art you will see something new. The time of day, lighting, your angle and your mood are some of the things that will affect your view.
- I want you to sit down and look at the painting and be happy you asked me to create this piece of artwork.
- Invest in a commissioned portrait for weddings, graduations, anniversaries, birthdays, retirements, or just because.
- All prices reflect a SINGLE subject (such as one person, one building, or one animal). Some factors that are used to determine the final price include size, additional subjects, and the amount of detail.
- Additional charges for each of the following – hands, feet, pets, toys and back ground. A larger, clearer photo makes it easier to capture a likeness.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required before work is started. The balance is due on completion.
- All materials are archival and of superior quality.
Commissioned works of art are individually priced. Contact Barb today!